Sunday 7 February 2010

Lyth Hill Walk

Today I took an early walk with my dog Blue on Lyth Hill the haunt of authoress Mary Webb

The hill was covered in mist no sight today of sister hills Caer Caradoc - Lawley - Wrekin - and Stiperstones

The gorse was in bloom - old saying being ( as long as the gorse blooms kissing is not out of fashion)

I can't really remember a time when I have not seen the gorse in bloom on the hill !!

I took my camera with me because quite often you can see the neighbouring hills towering above the band of mist - but not today see pics attached

2 comments:

  1. Love your pictures. I haven't noticed the gorse out here - but saying that I haven't been down the mill for about 2 months! Long time since I've been on Lyth Hill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your picture of the snowdrops at Attingham. A drift of white - they're lovely.

    ReplyDelete

If you visit my blog - please leave a comment I would love to hear from you