Monday 21 November 2011

S is for Saturday

ABC Wednesday and S is for Saturday-





... and time out to share - a visit to our local Heritage Museum- a Victorian Town at Blists Hill in Shropshire



S is for Signs - and these old Signs certainly caught my eye



and even more memories from the past




will not Shrink a fair Statement - because there were no Special washing aids in those days!!



Sign over the Smithy - love that anvil




even more Signs - eyecatching I think!



I can remember my grandma using this soap - along with her carbolic (Spelling?) - anyone remember that awful smell of tar ? really strong and it was an orange colour - if my memory is correct



I must include these newspaper shapes = being used as shelf liners in a Victorian miners'cottage - I remember spending hours as a child with a pair of scissors cutting out shapes in the old newspaper





Finally S is for Special - Special Place- do you have a Special place ? - somewhere within your comfort zone - my Special Place now is probably wherever my daily walk takes me - giving me time with my thoughts and time to breath in the fresh air

Why not pop across to the side panel and click on the link to read other ABC contributions for the letter S.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a super place to visit.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely collection for S! my special place is next to the fireplace now, it's cold outside .)

    S is for ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great SET of SIGNS. Also love the SKY in the top pic,
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely Saturday stroll through Shropshire. I really love the old signage! Have a super week,

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shropshire is not too far away but I don't know Blist's Hill so I must investigate.

    I remember the smell of carbolic well enough. Isn't it funny how we can recall smells so well after decades.

    Thoroughly enjoyable post, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sky shots!

    Shoes, have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

If you visit my blog - please leave a comment I would love to hear from you