Thursday 15 December 2011

Through the Window Today December15th


Through the window today - cold - wet - heavy winds to blow and more rain or snow depending where you are in the UK





Looking from the kitchen window and catching the conservatory - and out to the trees in the garden, The pine tree has history - joining us over 25 years ago - as a tiny tree in a Xmas pot - tied up with red ribbon - sporting little red bows - bells and a dusting of artificial snow - I think it came free - and now it proudly takes it place between the Bay Tree and the Wisteria



The Holly Tree - shot taken from the lounge window window = is an old friend arriving in a small pot - at a nominal price - as usual covered in bright red berries and the Xmas lights - the berries will be eaten no doubt by visiting thrushes before the end of January - I shall bring in just a few sprigs on Christmas Eve to pop in a vase




Can't resist tagging on this extra shot - our welcome to family and friends for the festive season

Why not pop along to the Maple Syrup Mob for more through the window shots

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh.... lots of lovely colour which we are most certainly missing over here! I love the stories behind the plants.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have a huge crop of Holly berries. There used to be an old saying about 'being in for a hard Winter' when there were loads of berries. I don't believe it - I can't see how a tree can look into the future anymore than you or I can.
    By the way, thank you for the comment on my drawings. I have only just spotted it. Sorry. I don't look back through old post as I should.
    I've found a few old scraper-board pictures and dug out the LotR paintings - but on reflection they are not that good. They were done 40 years ago I suppose. They are old and crinkley, a bit like me I suppose. :)
    Cheers....Bernard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those berries are amazing. The birds seem to be polishing all ours off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice colors and berries

    ReplyDelete

If you visit my blog - please leave a comment I would love to hear from you